Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Google SketchUp & More

 Got up around 6:00 a.m. and headed out to the convention center.  Had to stop for a bite first, however.  Started our first session at 8:30 a.m.  Maria attended Stop Motion with Joe Dockery and I attended Google SketchUp with Regina Cain, a regional technologist with Montana State University.

Maria and I got together for lunch at Jimmy John's and headed back to the hotel (in the pouring rain and wind) for a short time.  We headed back to the convention center (still raining and windy) for our afternoon sessions.  
 Maria went to Digital Kits in a Web 2.0 World and I went to Mike Agostinelli and Jason Neiffer's presentation called It's an M&M World!: A Cross-Curricular Lesson Using Google Docs.  Only stayed for part of the presentation as I had an invitation to attend a presentation put on by Schoolwires, which is our new web hosting company.  I am very excited to have a new website platform.  Part of the presentation was done by John Doornbos.  John actually did the presentation to our website committee when we were determining which company to go with.  It was nice to meet him.

Joe Dockery demonstrating a stabilizer that he designed & developed

Had about an hour between the Schoolwires presentation and my next workshop, Shooting and Editing DSLR Video with Joe Dockery.  Used to know all about f-stops and ISO's - now I have to re-learn all of this for video.  I was very surprised at the control you can have over your video and the quality that I decided I will need to pursue this further.  This was only a three hour class and could have been a six hour class.  I have to admit, my brain was pretty fried by the end of the workshop, but well worth it. Finally got back to the hotel around 8:30 p.m. and collapsed!


No comments:

Post a Comment